Thursday, October 9, 2008

audio books

I love audio books because they can ride around with you and entertain you and you don't lose all that time that you wanted to read and had to run errands,go to work etc.
I have Frindel in my car right now because I pick up my adopted great grandson Shane from school and we both like stories and reading. I also have Sing a Song of Tuna Fish. I find it different. I have been using audio books for many years just because I wanted to spend some quality time in my car. It is so boring to ride in a car with just music.

Frindel makes me laugh because a few years ago I replaced a dictionary that I had had for many years and boy what a surprise to see some of the words that are now in the dictionary. Such as Quillow. combination pillow and quilt. this set me thinking of all kinds of words you only hear in certain geographical areas.

I am going to see if I can find The Grapes of Wrath on audio. I have read it many years ago,
but would love to revisit it and audio would be good.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Audio books are wonderful, and Ashley and I are reading Frindle right now and love it. It is really cute and funny, and I love how the main character is clever and tricky but not obnoxious or mean.

M and M said...

I used to listen to audio books when making the drive between Calif and Colorado. It makes the drive seem so much shorter.