Thursday, November 27, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I am just popping in to say Happy Thanksgiving . Every year at this time I take time to think of my Grandma and Grandpa Hayward. For years Grandma raised Turkeys, She gave them to her children . Back then to have a 25lb turkey was unusual and to have white turkeys was unheard of. Grandpa said she liked the turkeys better than she did him. She literally hand feed them to hear him talk. She is part of the Nebraska State history for raising those turkeys. I don't remember much about those years except what I heard from Grandpa and saw in a book on Nebraska history. When my grandson Joseph was in the tenth grade, he raised turkeys for his FFA project. He lived in Fresno and I ,of course, lived up here. but I did manage to make three trips down there to see his turkeys and laugh. Because turkeys are the dumbest fowl there is .

Just a short history note from the archives.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Thanks for that. I know surprisingly little family history from that side. I will eat my turkey today with a little more thought. thank you again and Happy Thanksgiving.

M and M said...

Happy Thanksgiving! We have lots of wild turkeys on our property. The flocks are getting bigger every year