Friday, April 17, 2009

TIME OUT

My friends;
When was the last time you took some time off just to smell the roses, the lilacs, the new mown grass and view the world thru the eyes of a small child and actually played like you were a small child. If you are like me it has been a while, because it is too cold, too hot, too much to do . I will look silly. It bothers my allergies, Oh! My! the list goes on and on.

Today was my day to do just that I had reached the end of my rope, couldn't and didn't want to hang on any longer. What difference would it make if I didn't do any of those things. Would any one really notice . Then my adopted great grandson, who is five called and asked me to pick him up from school today. He called last night. I said yes and since I never break a promise especially to a child, I went to pick him up. He had the class mascot with him, This is a monkey named Bananas. He must go everywhere with the student.So he came home with us, went to McDonald's and played on the play structure, he sat on a chair as Shane and I made a lake and creek/river in the side yard. We added water to the lake and creek/river. I explained to my friend that cornmeal will kill ants, which we both dislike. So we made a cornmeal trap by an ant hill. Much less caustic than bug sprays. You cannot buy little amounts of cornmeal and since I had some in the frig, just setting there waiting for another occasion for cornmeal. Besides it makes a cool looking road. We were just two kids having fun. how wonderful it felt. Later my other friend , Hunter , my other adopted great grandson came over. We drew pictures with magic markers, ate pretzels, talked about the sand box. Ate crushed ice with a spoons.

Thank God for kids, they always seem to bring out the best in me.

No comments: