Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend

Wow what a weekend. My grandson Bill came up on Friday night and my grandson Joe, who lives here in Sacramento and is his brother, came over to visit also.We have not had a chance to really visit since our annual NEW YEAR'S EVE celebration. So we had a lot of catching up to do, talking about our jobs, they both work with autistic children, my Foster Grandparenting. We had Chinese food, another one of our traditions, watched the Olympics. Bill will start his doctorate studies in psycology tomorrow and Joe will go to American River College here in Sacramento to work on his teaching certificate in Special Ed.

Bill and I went to see The Dark Knight. He had seen it before but decided Grandma needed to see it also. It was a great movie, I loved it . Later, Joe came over to visit and they cooked beef strognoff for dinner. I finally went to bed about 11:00 and they were still up chatting. It is so nice to see the grandkids together.

Have you been watching the Olympics? What a thrill to see the young people who invest so much of the lives to become champion athletics.

Tomorrow will be the first day of our new school year. I personally am excited, a little scared and bound and determined to make this a good school year for these boys and girls. We, the teacher, the aide and I have spent the whole week getting ready for this day. We will have four returning from last year but the balance of the class will be three year olds. Our class is made up of three to five year olds. So we expect a lot of tears for a while .

Hope all are well

No comments: